Saturday, October 25, 2008

my first time playing tag

So my friend Keri just "tagged" me on her blog, which means I'm supposed to answer the same questions that she had to answer when someone tagged her. They are not super interesting questions but I will play just because, and if you are bored to tears and sorry for logging on perhaps I will put a nice picture at the end to reward you for your bother.



4 jobs I've had

1. High-school sports reporter for the local paper

2. Rooters BBQ all-star (that means I made beans, took orders, washed dishes, ran the till, all that jazz. my favorite job ever. really!)

3. Sophomore English Teacher

4. Flusher for Mrs. Phillip's Kindergarten Class(that's for you, dad.) In Kindergarten we took turns doing different chores, and the week I announced to my parents that I was the flusher, (making sure all bowls were clean after bathroom break) my dad howled with laughter, and never forgot, of course!


4 movies I've watched more than once

1. What About Bob

2. The Usual Suspects

3. Dumb and Dumber (that's embarrassing)

4. The Grinch (the original cartoon, not Jim Carrey. We watch it every Christmas after putting up the tree.)


4 TV shows I watch

(I don't have television, so I don't really watch any. But I do reserve the following full season DVDs at the library and watch them when they come in, so that counts, I think)

1. The Office

2. Arrested Development

3.4. no more

4 people who email me regularly

1. Keri

2. Andrea

3. Brenda Thorn (leader of a homeschool group I belong to)

4. SarandDani ;) (less than A so I put you together :)


4 favorite foods

1. Jason's pan-fried oysters

2. ripe home-grown tomatoes with salt and basil

3. fresh berries of any kind

4. freshly baked bread with butter

(this is just the tip of the iceberg here, folks... 4 just doesn't cut it. I'll stop though.)

(wait no i won't i just thought of cheese. Blue, Parmesan, Dubliner, Asiago... cheese could replace anything above, but there really shouldn't be any going back...)


4 places I want to visit

1. Jamaica

2. Austria

3. Norway

4. Pakistan


4 things I'm looking forward to in the next year

1. planting some new fruit trees

2. reading all the wonderful books I have planned to read with my kids

3. planting the spring garden

4. camping with the fam


4 things I like about my husband

1. his curly hair

2. his nature observation skills, and keen eye for cause and effect in the natural world

3. his desire to prioritize his family, and give his kids (and me) a great life, as far as it is up to him

4. his complete lack of concern for fashion


Thar ya go! I did it, Keri! Aren't I a go-along kinda gal?! ;) I am very wordy, I notice. Forget the part where I said I was an English teacher so you don't judge me on it... So now I tag 2 people, I think? Well if so, I tag Andi and Dani!


Here are some random pictures...



Naomi was delighted with the way she styled Gramps' hair!




Tickle-fight aboard the MS Westerdam


Naomi & Josiah in our rental van in Colorado, cracking-up to the point of tears because.... the seat-belts were retracting when pulled.


A kiss for a silly, chocolate-faced boy.







1 comment:

andrea renee said...

That was fun to read! Most things I knew, some I forgot about, and a couple I didn't know! I can't believe you were a flusher! That's disgusting! I got a good laugh out of that one. Love the pictures!