Tonight was "International Costume Night" at Awana. The girls were thrilled to dress up; Eva went as a Guatemalan peasant, and Naomi went as Anne of Green Gables (from Prince Edward Island, Canada, of course). I told Eva how striking she looked when she was serious, and she had a hard time maintaining the straight face but managed to do it for a few pictures! The smile is certainly very lovely too.
If you are wondering why Josiah is not in these pictures, the reasons are twofold, and related. One, he is really not at all a costume person. Drawing attention to himself outside the home = bad. Two, he is officially now a Cubbies drop-out. He's not going any more. He's staying home, and that's that.
By the way, if you didn't notice in these pictures, the frighteningly dangling tooth did fall out over the weekend. Naomi got a little cavalier about twisting it to horrify people, like this...
and next thing you know, it was gone.
What a relief.
3 comments:
Oh, I love seeing the girls all dressed up! Miss seeing SiGuy dressed up..but in time, right?
Um, that tooth...wow. Glad it made its grand exit! :)
I'm with Josiah on the costumes. You're a great mom not to make him dress up or tell him he's a party pooper. I've gotten that my whole life.
wow, that tooth was nasty! I shoulda yanked it when I got the chance!
Girls, you look great in your costumes, and I love the choice of costumes too... fun, fun!
Post a Comment