Other than jumping in the leaves, the children all delighted themselves by eating the last of the blackberries growing along the trail, throwing rocks in to the river and picking up some creepy crawly things.
Josiah's find, below, is a little garter snake. If you think he looks a little limp, and doesn't seem to be coiling around in a healthy snake way, that is because he is not alive. He was found dead, but that didn't seem to deter Siah from keeping him as a pet. He stuck him in his sweatshirt pocket to show Erik when he came. As we were sitting on a rock eating apples in the sun, he patted his pocket and casually observed, "Bet m'snake's gettin' real hot in there." Fortunately, he was a responsible animal steward, and self-lessly "let him go" in the river within the following hour.
2 comments:
Good for you! I can't imagine such freedom, not for many years, that is :) I enjoyed the leaf action-shot! very cool. Oh, and I did your tag thing so go check it out, sis! :)
I am cracking up about the snake! Happy fall! Mairead
Post a Comment