Monday, October 13, 2008

hangin' in there







Every day for the last two weeks or so, I've said to Naomi, "Bet today is the day your tooth is coming out!" Unfortunately, it's gross-out powers are too appealing, and, amazingly, it stays in another day. The only problem is just at bedtime, when she panics...




"I'm scared! I'm scared my tooth is going to fall out while I sleeep!"




I reassure her that if it didn't fall out while she ate, etc. during the day, she should be fine for the night. "But I grind my teeth!"




"So you do. So what if it does fall out," I say.




"I might swallow it!"




"Well you'd probably be just fine," I say.




Brows narrow with concern..."Well, would I get any money though?"

























Here is Naomi at Awana on Rainbow Night. She was happy with the outfit she'd selected, though became slightly disturbed when a friend of ours, Mr. Chris, said "Hey, you look just like Mork!" She doesn't know who Mork is, but Mork was not what she was trying to be, and plus sounded dorky. Not good. Other than that, she felt pretty cool in her Colorful Concoction. The picture of her running I caught incidentally when I came into the gym on an errand, and there she was running as fast as she could to win the game... I know it's blurry, but I like the colors, and how you can see her little form.




Eva and Naomi have been fascinated by Siamese Twins for the past few months. We have seen pictures of some twins, and some video clips on the internet where the twins are interviewed, and share their amazing adaptions to a world designed for individuals. The girls have learned that "Siamese twins" is not the title most prefer, because, of course, they are not actually Siamese. "Conjoined Twins" is preferable. Anyway, so they talk a lot about what would be different in life as such a twin, etc. They are quite open minded about it, and have surprised my old, already-made-up mind by thinking of several things that would be great about being a Siamese, "No Conjoined!" twin. In fact, it began to get so interesting and appealing that they decided they would like to try it. But lacking the tools and know-how to preform such a surgery, they instead found a quick solution- Daddy's vest. A blissful twenty minutes was spent conjoined inside. However, things took a turn for the worst when Bubby invited himself in as triplet. The conjoinees could no longer stand upright, or maintain civility. Alas, with all that violence trapped inside of one coat, I had no time for photos, but had to perform the delicate surgery single-handedly, and separate my little brood. Sometimes three is, in fact, a crowd.

2 comments:

Keri said...

I can't believe her tooth! Remind her of the screw Erik swallowed and was just fine.

andrea renee said...

oh dear, Nomes. I love you sweetie and that tooth has got to go! :)