We spent Fourth of July weekend with friends at Penrose Point, on Hood Canal. It was our first time at that campground, and it was fun to explore... A nice place to go for just two nights because it is so close. Getting to the water was not quite convenient, but for the price of a half hour hike, we had a small section of beach nearly to ourselves, while the "parking lot" beach was over crowded.


Jason kept rigging his pole for salmon, but those darn sculpin are hungrier, I guess... Here is his prize winner. 

Bo had a great time swimming- just wore his little brown self out. He was so tired he had to go curl up for a nap- right on all the dry clothes.
The kids had so much fun together- they played non-stop all weekend. I felt like I didn't even talk to them! But that means they're having fun, I know. So we tried to get a "nice picture" of them all together before we left. Little Gabie, though, was just not feeling compliant. Doesn't this remind you of that old Sesame Street song, "One of these kids is doin' his own thing..." Finally he agreed to humor the mommies, and stand behind the other kids. What a guy!
And below is the price they exacted for all that "nice for the mommies" smiling... Aren't they charming?


Eva got to listen to her buddy Nicholas' iPod- in fact, he was playing it for everyone, though it didn't get very loud... They decided to make up skits and dances, and perform them for the parents around the campfire. Naomi got pretty into it- she is quite the budding rock star, as you can see from her self-styling in this picture. She and Nicholas had a competitive dance off. Eva declared Nicholas the winner. It was just too close to call, really. I will now always think of this trip when I hear the old C & C Music Factory song, "Everybody Dance Now!"
Good friends, seaweed, burnt marshmallows, mosquito bites, fireworks, toxic algae... These are the things great memories are made of! We'll be off to do it again soon!
1 comment:
oooh that looks like a nice place to spend the weekend! I am going to give you guys some sort of camping award this summer! :) nice pics :)
Post a Comment