Sunday, July 26, 2009

said the heifer to the bull...

The other day we went through the four-way stop near our neighborhood, and slowed a little, as usual, to peer at the livestock on the right. "Oooo..." said Naomi with a sly grin, "I see an udder surprise!" Goofy laughter ensues.



So that is to say, that Naomi has been just slightly fascinated with udders of late. No particular reason why, that I know of- just finds them interesting and rather funny. And that leads to last night's post-tooth-brushing conversation, which I overheard...



Naomi finished brushing and leaned over the wooden stool (could be a milking stool- but isn't). "Whoop!" she says, "I'm a cow! Someone's milkin' me! I'm a cow! Milk milk milk!" This accompanied by handmotions on her invisable udder, pointed toward the stool. Josiah finishes brushing too and wants to get in on this pretend... "I'm a cow too! Someone's milkin' me too!" he says.



"No, no, Bubby." Naomi says. "You're a male. You can't get milked- you've gotta get killed, and ate! You're no dairy cow... (and here she pauses to shake her head, and give him a consiliatory hug).... You, are a Steak."

2 comments:

Dani McDowell CD(DONA) said...

OH! Now THAT is too funny!!! Crack'n me uppers over here! :)

andrea renee said...

thanks for the story! I got a good laugh out of that. Oh Bubby, you would most certainly be a prime cut!! Naomi's hilarious.