A little snapshot of current "funnies" at our house...
Eva is obsessed with "The Phantom of the Opera" and can often be found singing at the top of her lungs, "COME TO ME ANGEL OF MUSIC!!!! I AM YOUR ANGEL OF MUSIC!!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!" It's quite intense. The other day she was switching it up though with little snippets of quiet "Beck" thrown in there too. "COME TO ME ANGEL OF MUSIC!!!! See the Vegetable Maaann in the Vegetable Vaaaan..." Oh, and then there is a little "It's a Wonderful Life" in the mix, too. "COME TO ME... We'll have a wonderful life if I! Have! You!" It would be more bizarre if you could hear it, but believe me, it is quite the cornacopia of sound coming from a powerful nine-year-old!
All the kids are into telling jokes, and making up their own. It is pretty hard to get it right, though- make up a joke that is funny, and then tell it correctly. So Naomi gave it a half-hearted try this morning.
"Mom, wanna hear my joke? It's not really funny though."
"OK Nomes."
"OK. What do you get if you have a dog, and you live in a house made of dog treats?"
"Ummmm- not sure."
"You have no house, and a dead dog. (pause) See- I told you it wasn't really funny."
And last, Josiah had some personal objections to cleaning his room today. "Mom, I really don't think I should do that. My New Year's revolution was to stop doing my chores, so...." Gotta respect the strategy there, but this "revolution" is not going to happen.
Monday, January 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love those little snapshots of each of them. I'm so glad that the fun keeps going, even after they are out of the "little kid" years. People are always telling me to cherish these years that I am in (which I really need to hear), but I'm glad there is a lot to look forward to as well.
OK, I think i am the last one in the fam to get to experience this much talked about Phantom singer! I must hear it soon! I like Josiah's revolution, I have the same one for myself :)
Post a Comment