A conversation that took place this morning... I just had to get it down.
Josiah asked me where Daddy was hunting today. "He's down near Olympia." I said.
"Olympia!?" he stared at me. "Isn't that where the GOVERNMENT is?! He's gonna get killed!"
"What?" I say, "Why on earth would he get killed?"
"Well they're gonna shoot 'im!"
Naomi overhears and comes over to set things straight. "Josiah. Don't you know that the president in Olympia is a LADY? Can you really imagine a LADY shooting a gun at a big man like dad? Pshaw."
"Naomi, you must mean the governor, not the president. The governor of Washington," I say.
"Oh, yeah that is what I meant," says Naomi.
"Her name is Christine Gregoire," I add.
Josiah gasps... "Aahhhh! I know that name! Chris-Teen-Greg-Wah. When we were out on the boat and I wanted to keep shrimping, SHE was the one who said we couldn't get any more shrimp!! Dad said so!"
Saturday, October 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is hilarious! I'm impressed he was able to keep that name back in his memory bank to recognize it in a different setting! :)
And Naomi... too funny!:)
Glad you blogged! Yay! I love the kid stories!
Laughing oh-so-hard!
Oh my goodness! Love it! So glad you got that one down! And I can totally hear him saying it. So, so cute. I forgot you said you blogged, or I would have checked this a loooong time ago. As you know, this used to be one of my favorite websites :) xoxoxo
Post a Comment