Lots going on here lately.... Namely- coughing, high fever, nose blowing, etc. (No it's not swine flu- or if it was, they survived it... Just something very nasty and long lived- Easter weekend to just- the past few days!) BUT- unfortunately for you readers, I failed to take pictures of named afflictions, so I'll move on to the other, more pleasant aspects of our lives in April.
Two new and exciting things in our household this month, both from Grandparents! First, from Grandma Flavia, the gift of the Wii. Yes, our little house on the prairie has been brought into modern times with a GAMING SYSTEM. (Still no TV though- just the "monitor") I confess to feeling less than thrilled with the addition initially, but- now I've been won over. It is actually lots of fun, not too addictive, and good to play as a group. (Like I need to convince the world that the Wii is fun...) The kids have had way too much fun making themselves "Miis," changing each other's Miis, competing, etc. They get a kick out of the animated personal trainers, who are a nice shade of grey/white and use overly encouraging language. They named the male trainer "Mutton." Somehow, it suits.
Josiah and Roly particularly loved snuggling to sleep- they were always super warm when I'd check on them!



Mattie is also very sweet and tolerant. She put up with the girls dressing her up as some sort of lady. Later Josiah tucked the scarf into her collar and said, "There. Now she's the Queen of England." But when the girls turned to Roly with a gingham skirt in hand, Siah had a crying fit. "They can't put that on him! It's not fair! He won't like it- he's a BOY!!" When I convinced the girls that while it seemed like a non issue, it was just too sad for empathetic Josiah to take. They compromised, put a tie on him, and saved the girly clothes for Colbie- Roly's sister.

Oh, and below? Maybe you all can help me solve this puzzle... Ever since the Wii came, a mysterious phenomenon occurs... Each night as I tuck in the kids, my dear husband disappears, leaving me as lonely as a wiidow with only Roly to snuggle. However, in his absence, a fierce professional boxer appears in my living room for a few hours- completely focused on battering his opponents. He must be a serious athlete, training for an important competition, because when I interrupt him to ask if he has seen my husband, he appears unable to hear or even to sense my presence. Hmmm... Well, let me know if you can ID the guy in the blurry snapshot below. It might give me a clue as to what on earth is going on around here.

Mattie is also very sweet and tolerant. She put up with the girls dressing her up as some sort of lady. Later Josiah tucked the scarf into her collar and said, "There. Now she's the Queen of England." But when the girls turned to Roly with a gingham skirt in hand, Siah had a crying fit. "They can't put that on him! It's not fair! He won't like it- he's a BOY!!" When I convinced the girls that while it seemed like a non issue, it was just too sad for empathetic Josiah to take. They compromised, put a tie on him, and saved the girly clothes for Colbie- Roly's sister.
2 comments:
wii (me myself and i) are so glad you are still on the planet and posting again. Sheesh! And, welcome to modern day technology! :) j/k, wii don't even have one of those gamers! glad you're all enjoying it. Rolly-pie and Mattie are adorable with the kiddos.
The kids with the dogs are sweet and Jason boxing is great! Sounds like wii could be a workout. Love you guys!
Post a Comment