Saturday, March 14, 2009

sweet stuff

An old picture- Naomi on her fourth birthday- but one I can find quickly of Naomi and me together! She said something funny and sweet just now, and I wanted to get it down before I forgot it... One thing as background information- I can often be found in some stage of bread baking, and the kids are all familiar with the process, and the tastes and smells that go along with it...

I was tucking Naomi in tonight, and snuggling with her in her bed. She was hugging me, and said, "Mmmm, you smell like bread dough." Then she started to feel my face softly, "And you're soft like bread dough," then more of a kneading motion, "Soft and squishy like bread dough." Then she sighed a bit and let her eyes close. "Maybe you are bread dough," she said sleepily, "My bread dough mommy; 'n' I'm your lil' bun."

2 comments:

Dani McDowell CD(DONA) said...

Oh, that is SO CUTE! Glad you got that one jotted down! :) Thanks for sharing!

andrea renee said...

I don't blame you for wanting to write it down right away, I would want to remember that forever too!