Wednesday, November 19, 2008

drawings by Josiah

Josiah spends at least two hours of the day drawing and writing letters. (I mean single letters, not mail to others.) I have to clean the playroom floor every now and then- he usually leaves dozens of drawings there every day- and find some charming works of art! Just thought I would share a few of his latest efforts.


above, a bird

below, flowers drawn for me, in my favorite color. This was done a few weeks ago and was his first attempt at spelling (Josiah, Mama). Since then he has taken off with forming letters. Not necessarily the spelling part, just "drawing" them, as he says, on his own.

a robin with eggs

4 comments:

Keri said...

I love the first picture of the bird, it's so colorful and artistic!

Dani McDowell CD(DONA) said...

wow! way to go sih guy! I'm impressed with all of them, they are wonderful!

Brooke said...

Beautiful artwork Josiah! I think Cole would appreciate all of them. I like the robin and its eggs! Hope to see you guys soon, I was bummed that we had to cancel with you guys on Monday. :( Love, the Cruzats

andrea renee said...

I love seeing Josiah's artwork! My favorite piece is the last one but the second one is pretty sweet as well. Somebody loves his mama...I can see why!