
The picture included has nothing to do with the following anecdote- I just like it. Naomi is holding one of her favorite flowers from our yard- a Julia Child's rose. Somehow the rose looks to me like it's her image in a flower...
Me, as a breakfast chef, facing some stiff competition
A few days ago the kids sat down to breakfast and immediately the questioning started... What are we having? Toast? Is the bread homemade? Is it white or wheat? What's on it? Apparently the answers left a bitter taste in Naomi's mouth, because before the food even appeared before her, she became sick-looking, slumping in her chair and performing a litany of sour expressions. (Complaining aloud is clearly not permitted- the facial expressions are a little hard to control, so she takes full advantage.) I hear a big sigh, then she brightens, "Hey! What if you could eat someone else's stomach! Wouldn't that be cool? Just eat what you want that they already ate!" So exciting was this idea, she looked as if it was about to come true. "I would definitely eat Anika's stomach, because she gets to eat so much junk!" says Naomi, looking around, as if waiting for her cousin to appear so she could dig in.
(*An aside here in defense of a hard-working, fruit-slicing, mama (my dear sis): Anika doesn't eat any more "junk" than my kids- they just remember everything that they hear that she "gets!")
So that's what it has come to. The breakfast I am serving is LESS appealing than eating predigested food from someone else's stomach. Perhaps sweet little Naomi should hire a new cook.
3 comments:
Oh my! Nobody thinks the way Nomi does! I can't get over it! It makes me think though-whose stomach would I eat? ;)
yes, yes indeed! I second A's thought!!
I love the blog! Matt & I got a good laugh out of Siah's post and of course, we enjoyed Eva's too!
that made me laugh out loud!
Post a Comment