Wednesday, September 17, 2008

a wordy apology for this publication

I have thought about blogging for some time, but have been hesitant to begin because I am sort of a private person, and the thought of lots of people looking at pictures and words of mine doesn't hold a lot of appeal. Kind of like when your house is for sale, and people get to walk through it and gaze at your space with out you there. Perhaps I'm paranoid- I just don't like it. On the other hand, it is a convenient way to communicate with a large circle of family and friends (people whom you don't really mind peeping into your life). Also, I am hoping to actually do what my mother and mother-in-law have been wisely telling me to do for years- write down all those hilarious, insightful, uncanny things that come out of my children's mouths. I have not done this often, and it is regrettable. I am hoping to make up for lost time, and post all that I can remember. A memory book "slurped" by publishing software is planned, thus you readers will understand, I hope, if I post something that seems very old news- it is to write it down before it is forgotten, for the sake of my family archive. I may also post things that seem of no interest to the "outside" reader- just for the purpose of our little scrapbook. Trying to kill two birds with one stone, as the saying goes...(As write this, though, I realize that this method doesn't always work for me, and more often than not results in two wounded birds, and me frantically searching for a few more stones to put the poor creatures out of thier misery.)But, while I'm in the spirit of using old aphorisms- nothing ventured, nothing gained! There is no time like the present! On with it.